PRIVACY NOTICE FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS & OPT OUT INFO
If you’d like to Opt-out contact us
Information We Collect
We collect information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer, household, or device (“personal information”). Personal information does not include:
- Publicly available information from government records.
- Deidentified or aggregated consumer information.
- Information excluded from the CCPA’s scope, like:
- health or medical information covered by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) and the California Confidentiality of Medical Information Act (CMIA) or clinical trial data; and
- personal information covered by certain sector-specific privacy laws, including the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA), the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA) or California Financial Information Privacy Act (FIPA) and the Driver’s Privacy Protection Act of 1994.
In particular, we have collected the following categories of personal information from consumers within the last twelve (12) months:
|1. Identifiers.||A real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, Social Security number, driver’s license number, passport number, or other similar identifiers.||YES|
|2. Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)).||A name, signature, Social Security number, physical characteristics or description, address, telephone number, passport number, driver’s license or state identification card number, insurance policy number, education, employment, employment history, bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, or any other financial information, medical information, or health insurance information.Some personal information included in this category may overlap with other categories.||YES|
|3. Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law.||Age (40 years or older), race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion or creed, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy or childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, veteran or military status, genetic information (including familial genetic information).||YES|
|4. Commercial information.||Records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.||YES|
|5. Biometric information.||Genetic, physiological, behavioral and biological characteristics, or activity patterns used to extract a template or other identifier or identifying information, such as, fingerprints, faceprints and voiceprints, iris or retina scans, keystroke, gait, or other physical patterns and sleep, health, or exercise data.||NO|
|6. Internet or other similar network activity.||Browsing history, search history, information on a consumer’s interaction with a website, application, or advertisement.||YES|
|7. Geolocation data.||Physical location or movements.||YES|
|8. Sensory data.||Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, or similar information.||NO|
|9. Professional or employment-related information.||Current or past job history.||YES|
|10. Non-public education information (per the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (20 U.S.C. Section 1232g, 34 C.F.R. Part 99)).||Education records directly related to a student maintained by an educational institution or party acting on its behalf, such as grades, transcripts, class lists, student schedules, student identification codes, student financial information, or student disciplinary records.||YES|
|11. Inferences drawn from other personal information.||Profile reflecting a person’s preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities and aptitudes.||NO|
We obtain the categories of personal information listed above from the following categories of sources:
- Directly from you – for example, from insurance applications or in connection with your other communications with us.
- From third parties – for example, from insurance carriers and other industry service providers and other third parties with which you maintain a relationship, such as an employer or financial service or medical or health providers. This may occasionally include referral sources.
- Indirectly from you – for example, from observing your actions on our Website, including through the use of “cookies” as described on our Website, or as may otherwise be developed over time based on your interactions with us.
Use of Personal Information
We may use or disclose the personal information we collect for one or more of the following purposes:
- To fulfill or meet the reason you provided the information and for our everyday business purposes – for example, to obtain quotations for insurance or other insurance or financial industry services (including those procured proactively and/or in connection with the movement of a book of business from one provider to another) on your behalf; to obtain insurance (or similar products) on your behalf or to facilitate the performance of related services by other industry service providers; to maintain or service your account or insurance, including by reporting claims of loss to other industry service providers, such as insurance carriers and adjusters; to evaluate our performance or offerings; and to make reports to credit bureaus. We may also save your information to facilitate new quotations or placements.
- To comply with, or exercise rights under, applicable law – for example to make required or advisable reports to insurance regulatory, law enforcement or other similarly situated authorities; to respond to and comply with court orders, applicable law and other legal requirements; and to defend ourselves against claims and to enforce our rights or protect our employees or property.
- To market to you products and services, including through the use of targeted or similar advertising on the internet.
- To provide or receive shared organizational services.
- As described to you when collecting your personal information or as otherwise set forth in the CCPA.
- To evaluate or effect a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, in which personal information held by us about our consumers is among the assets evaluated or transferred.
Sharing of Personal Information
We generally share your personal information to perform services on your behalf and provide you with the insurance products and services you expect from us. We may disclose your personal information to a third party, including for any purpose identified within this Policy. We share your personal information with the following categories of third parties:
- Service providers.
- Insurance carriers and other industry service providers.
- Other third parties with which you or we maintain a relationship regarding your insurance.
Disclosures of Personal Information for a Business Purpose
In the preceding twelve (12) months, we have disclosed the following categories of personal information for a business purpose:
Category 1: Identifiers.
Category 2: California Customer Records personal information categories.
Category 3: Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law.
Category 4: Commercial information.
Category 6: Internet or other similar network activity.
Category 7: Geolocation data.
Category 9: Professional or employment-related information.
Category 10: Non-public education information
We disclose your personal information for a business purpose to the following categories of third parties:
- Service providers.
- Insurance carriers and other industry service providers.
- Other third parties with which you or we maintain a relationship regarding your insurance.
Sales of Personal Information
In the preceding twelve (12) months, we have not sold personal information.
We do not sell your personal information to anyone, so we do not offer an opportunity for you to prevent or “opt out” of such sale.
Your Rights and Choices
The CCPA provides California residents with specific rights regarding their personal information. This section describes your CCPA rights and explains how to exercise those rights.
Access to Specific Information and Data Portability Rights
You have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your personal information over the past twelve (12) months. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request (see “Exercising Access, Data Portability and Deletion”), we will disclose to you:
- The categories of personal information we collected about you.
- The categories of sources for the personal information we collected about you.
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling that personal information.
- The categories of third parties with whom we share that personal information.
- The specific pieces of personal information we collected about you (also called a data portability request).
- If we sold or disclosed your personal information for a business purpose, two separate lists disclosing:
- sales, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient purchased; and
- disclosures for a business purpose, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient obtained.
We do not provide these access and data portability rights for B2B personal information.
Deletion Request Rights
You have the right to request that we delete any of your personal information that we collected from you and retained. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request (see “Exercising Access, Data Portability and Deletion”), we will delete your personal information from our records, unless an exception applies. We may deny your deletion request for other reasons described in the CCPA. We do not provide these deletion rights for B2B personal information.
Exercising Access, Data Portability and Deletion Rights
To exercise the access, data portability and deletion rights described above, please submit a verifiable consumer request to us by:
Emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
PO Box 1266 San Carlos, Ca 94070
Only you, or someone legally authorized to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your personal information. You may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child. To designate an authorized agent, please contact us by email at the email address shown above.
You may only make a verifiable consumer request for access or data portability twice within a 12-month period. The verifiable consumer request must:
- Provide sufficient information as we may request that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information or an authorized representative of such person, which may include personal and/or commercial identifiers, such as an insurance policy number. Depending on the sensitivity of the information you are requesting, we may ask for additional information to verify your identity.
- Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate and respond to it.
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you. We will only use personal information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor’s identity or authority to make the request.
Response Timing and Format
We endeavor to respond to a verifiable consumer request within thirty (30) days of its receipt. If we require more time, we will inform you of the extension period.
Any disclosures we provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding the verifiable consumer request’s receipt. The response we provide will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable. For data portability requests, we will select a format to provide your personal information that is readily usable and should allow you to transmit the information from one entity to another entity without significant hindrance.
We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights. Unless permitted by the CCPA, we will not:
- Deny you goods or services.
- Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties.
- Provide you a different level or quality of goods or services.
- Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
Other California Privacy Rights
California’s “Shine the Light” law (Civil Code Section § 1798.83) permits users of our Website who are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please write to us at the mailing address shown beneath the heading “Contact Information”.
Changes to this Policy
We reserve the right to amend this Policy at our discretion and at any time. When we make changes to this Policy, we will post the updated Policy on the Website and update the Policy ‘s effective date. Your continued use of our Website following the posting of changes constitutes your acceptance of such changes with respect to your use of the Website.
If you have any questions or comments about this Policy, the ways in which we collect and use your personal information described herein and in the Statement, your choices and rights regarding such use, or wish to exercise your rights under California law, please contact us at:
Postal Address: Professional Insurance Associates, Inc. PO Box 1266 San Carlos, Ca 94070
Or Opt-out online contact us
PIA Privacy Statement
Professional Insurance Associates, Inc. Privacy Statement
(Effective as of January 1, 2020)
Professional Insurance Associates, Inc. provides this privacy statement to you, our current or prospective consumer client, to provide you information about our privacy practices, both during and after our direct business relationship with you. This statement applies to your personal information that we may from time to time collect, use and disclose in the course of (1) performing insurance brokerage or other insurance or financial industry services on your behalf and (2) making available our websites, including piainc.com. We take very seriously our privacy responsibilities to you, and we are committed to treating your personal information in a manner that is consistent with applicable law and this statement. Please read this statement carefully.
Please review the Professional Insurance Associates, Inc. Privacy Notice for California for information about our privacy practices regarding personal information of residents of the State of California.
We are unable to perform insurance brokerage or other insurance or financial industry services on your behalf without collecting, using or disclosing your personal information. Typically, you will provide this required information to us directly within insurance applications or in connection with other communications. Other times, we may receive this and other personal information from third parties, including insurance carriers and other industry service providers, and other third parties with which you maintain a relationship (for example, your employer or financial services or legal or medical or health providers). We may also develop this information over time based on your direct or indirect interactions with us, such as using “cookies” on our websites.
We generally collect the amount and types of personal information that are required for us to perform services on your behalf. This includes information that may be required by an insurance carrier or an industry service provider in the course of providing you with insurance coverage or related services. If you use our websites, we may collect information about your device, browser and other information regarding your web usage using tracking tools described in this policy. This and other information may include:
- your name, Social Security Number, driver’s license or other government-issued identification;
- assets and income, occupation and employment status, dependent information and other relevant financial information;
- information relating to any of your past claims;
- information from reporting agencies and state and federal government agencies, such as state motor vehicle departments;
- information from other sources, such as medical or health care providers and other third parties with which you or we maintain a relationship;
- your account activity and premium payment history;
- credit card, bank account or other account information as may be required to facilitate your payment of insurance premium or similar amounts, which payment generally is made through systems maintained by third parties, such as insurance carriers; and
- passive tracking information from our website or the Internet, including information obtained through the use of internet “cookies.”
Sharing of Information
We generally share your personal information to perform services on your behalf and provide you with the insurance products and services you expect from us. Information technology and other support service providers with which we maintain an arrangement may also have access to your personal information to allow us to operate our business and to provide you with our services. We do not sell your personal information to third parties, other than in connection with a merger, sale, or other transfer of organizational assets where personal information held by us about our clients is among the assets transferred.
We may from time to time share your personal information for the following reasons:
- to fulfill or meet the reason you provided the information and for our everyday business purposes, such as to obtain quotations for insurance or other insurance or financial industry services (including those procured proactively and/or in connection with the movement of a book of business from one provider to another) on your behalf; to obtain insurance (or similar products) on your behalf or to facilitate the performance of related services by other industry service providers; to maintain or service your account or insurance, including by reporting claims of loss to other industry service providers, such as insurance carriers and adjusters; to evaluate our performance or offerings; and to make reports to credit bureaus. We may also save your information to facilitate new quotations or placements.
- for legal reasons, such as to make required or advisable reports to insurance regulatory, law enforcement or other similarly situated authorities; to respond to and comply with court orders, applicable law and other legal requirements; and to defend ourselves against claims and to enforce our rights or protect our employees or property.
- for our marketing purposes so that we may offer you our products and services, including through the use of targeted or similar advertising on the internet.
- for joint marketing purposes so that we and any third-party product or service provider may together offer you products and services.
- for our affiliates’ everyday business purposes, such as to process or service transactions or to provide or receive shared organizational services.
- for our affiliates’ or non-affiliates’ marketing purposes so that they may offer you their products and services.
- for other purposes as may be permitted by law.
To Limit Our Sharing of Information
To limit our sharing of your personal information with affiliates or non-affiliates for marketing purposes (and for any other purpose which applicable law provides you a right to require us to limit our sharing of your personal information), you may at any time submit a request to us by:
- Calling us at 650-592-7333
- Emailing us at email@example.com
Other Important PIA Website Information
Our website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any information through our website, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on this website or otherwise provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen or user-name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will use commercially reasonable efforts to delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at the mailing address shown beneath the heading “Your Right to Review Your Information”.
Information Security Practices
We maintain technical and organizational security measures reasonably designed to protect the security of your personal information against loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure or alteration. Despite this, the security of information cannot be guaranteed. If you have reason to believe that your personal information maintained by us is no longer secure, please immediately notify us utilizing contact information set forth in this statement. In the event of a breach impacting your personal information, we intend to provide you with notification to the extent required by applicable law.
Updates to Statement
From time to time we may change our privacy practices. The latest version of this statement will be posted on our website at the page it has historically appeared. Sometimes there may be a material change to this statement that we wish to apply retroactively. If so, we will notify you and obtain your consent to the extent required by law. Your continued use of our website following the posting of changes constitutes your acceptance of such changes with respect to your use of our website.
Your Right to Review Your Information
You may have the right to review your personal information that we could reasonably locate and retrieve, and to request that we correct, amend or delete any inaccurate information. To make a related request, or to ask any question concerning this statement, you can write us at:
Att: Professional Insurance Associates, Inc.
Professional Insurance Associates, Inc.
PO Box 1266 San Carlos, Ca 94070
Please include your name, address, telephone number and email address whenever you contact us, including by email. This helps us handle your request correctly.
Or Opt-out online contact us
Professional Insurance Associates, Inc.
Website Terms and Conditions
PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE CAREFULLY BEFORE USING OR OBTAINING ANY MATERIALS, INFORMATION, OR SERVICES THROUGH THIS WEBSITE. Professional Insurance Associates, Inc. (“PIA” or “we” or “us”) provides access to and use of this Website (“Website”) subject to your acceptance of these terms and conditions (“Terms”). By accessing, using, or obtaining any data, materials, information, products, services, or other content (collectively, “Content”) through this Website, you acknowledge that you have read and understand these Terms and agree to abide by them. If you do not accept or understand all of these Terms, do not access or use this Website and cease your current access.
PIA and PIA’s subsidiaries and affiliates are licensed as insurance brokers or agents in various U.S. states. This Website is not intended as a solicitation for insurance in any state or location where PIA or its subsidiaries or affiliates are not licensed.
PIA and its content providers (which many include insurance companies and insurance industry news providers, referred to herein as “Providers”) own and have copyrights on this Website and all of the Content, which is protected by US and International copyright laws and treaties. The information, materials and other content may not be modified, copied, reproduced, republished, uploaded, downloaded, posted, transmitted, publicly displayed, used to create a derivative work, sold, or otherwise used for public or commercial purposes, in whole or in part, without the express prior written consent of PIA.
Trademarks, logos, and service marks displayed on this Website (“Marks”) are the registered or common law Marks of PIA or its Providers. Your use of and access to this Website does not grant you any license or right to use any of the Marks. You may not use any technological means such as robots, spiders, or other devices to monitor materials available through this Website.
By using this Website you warrant that you are at least 18 years of age and can enter into binding contracts for insurance or other goods. If you less than 18 years of age you may not use this Website and you must leave immediately. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of any passwords, login names, or other information associated with your use of this Website.
You may not use this Website for any false or fraudulent purpose. You are also forbidden from using this Website to post or transmit any unlawful, threatening, libelous, defamatory, obscene, indecent, inflammatory, pornographic or profane material, or any material that could constitute or encourage conduct that would be considered a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise violate any law. You may not use any device, software, or routine that interferes or attempts to interfere with the normal operation of this Website or take any action that imposes an unreasonable load on PIA ‘s computer equipment.
You may not use the Website in any manner which could damage, disable, overburden, or impair the Website or interfere with any other person’s use and enjoyment of the Website. You may not obtain or attempt to obtain any materials or information through any means not intentionally made available or provided for through the Website.
All content included as part of the Website, such as text, graphics, logos, images, as well as the compilation thereof, and any software used on the Website, is the property of PIA or its suppliers and protected by copyright and other laws that protect intellectual property and proprietary rights. You agree to observe and abide by all copyright and other proprietary notices, legends or other restrictions contained in any such content and will not make any changes thereto.
You will not modify, publish, transmit, reverse engineer, participate in the transfer or sale, create derivative works, or in any way exploit any of the content, in whole or in part, found on the Website. Your use of the Website does not entitle you to make any unauthorized use of any protected content, and in particular you will not delete or alter any proprietary rights or attribution notices in any content. You will use protected content solely for your personal use, and will make no other use of the content without the express written permission of PIA or the applicable copyright owner. You agree that you do not acquire any ownership rights in any protected content and such content is not for resale. Except as expressly set forth in these terms, you are not being granted any licenses, express or implied, to the intellectual property of PIA or its suppliers.
You may not use this Website for any commercial, financial or other similar purpose without the express prior written consent of PIA.
Finally, you may not use this Website for any purpose that is unlawful or otherwise prohibited by these Terms.
PIA reserves the right, at any time and without advance notice or liability, to terminate your access to this Website or any component therein.
Certain pages in this Website are operated and controlled by a third party (“Co-Branded Areas”). Although these Co-Branded Areas continue to display PIA’s trademarked logo at the top of the page, they are operated and managed by a third party. These third parties allow PIA to provide a greater breadth of services, functions and information to our website visitors and clients. These Terms, in conjunction with any further terms and conditions posted in the Co-Branded Areas, govern your access and use of those areas. In all other respects, access to the Co-Branded Areas is at your own risk.
This Website may contain links to other sites on the World Wide Web. Links to outside sites do not constitute or imply any sort of endorsement by PIA of the linked Website or any material contained within, and we are not responsible or liable whatsoever for the information contained, or any products or services offered, on such other sites. Access to all such sites is at your own risk.
Under no circumstances should you regard any information you may access in this Website as a recommendation, advice, or complete description of any products, service, or plan. Application for an insurance quotation through this Website does not constitute a binder of insurance coverage or the reporting of a claim. The application may be used by PIA to provide an estimate of the terms, conditions, and costs of coverage. A quotation may be subject to receipt of additional information or other conditions. Insurance coverage is provided by various insurance companies and is subject to the terms and conditions of the policies. Circumstances vary and Website visitors must carefully review their own insurance policies and consult with their insurance advisors.
You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless PIA and its affiliates and their respective members, shareholders, officers, directors, employees, agents and third parties, for any losses, costs, liabilities and expenses (including reasonable attorney’s fees) relating to or arising out of your use of or inability to use this Website, any information provided by you, your violation of any portion of the Terms or your violation of any rights of a third party, or your violation of any applicable laws, rules or regulations. PIA reserves the right, at its own cost, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you, in which event you will fully cooperate with PIA in asserting any available defenses.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES
YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. PIA AND ITS PROVIDERS MAKE NO WARRANTY OF ANY KIND REGARDING THIS WEBSITE AND/OR ANY OF THE CONTENT. THIS WEBSITE AND CONTENT ARE PROVIDED “AS-IS”. PIA EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY THAT THIS WEBSITE WILL BE ERROR-FREE, SECURE, OR UNINTERRUPTED. PIA FURTHER DISCLAIMS ANY WARRANTY AS TO THE ACCURACY, ADEQUACY, COMPLETENESS OR TIMELINESS OF ANY OF THE CONTENT ON THIS WEBSITE, AND FURTHER EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS LIABILITY RESULTING FROM OR ARISING OUT OF ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS CONTAINED IN THE INFORMATION OR MATERIALS ACCESSED ON OR THROUGH THIS WEBSITE. PIA AND ITS PROVIDERS EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS, INCLUDING IMPLIED WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, FREEDOM FROM COMPUTER VIRUS AND THOSE ARISING BY STATUTE OR OTHERWISE IN LAW OR FROM A COURSE OF DEALING OR USAGE OF TRADE. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE DISCLAIMER OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO THIS WARRANTY DISCLAIMER MAY NOT APPLY IN WHOLE OR IN PART TO YOU.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
PIA AND ITS PROVIDERS WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR (A) ANY DAMAGES TO OR VIRUSES THAT MAY INFECT YOUR COMPUTER EQUIPMENT OR OTHER PROPERTY AS THE RESULT OF YOUR ACCESS TO, USE OF OR BROWSING IN THIS WEBSITE OR YOUR DOWNLOADING OF ANY CONTENT OR (B) ANY INJURY, LOSS, CLAIM, DAMAGE, OR ANY SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION LOST PROFITS OR LOST SAVINGS), WHETHER BASED IN CONTRACT, TORT, STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE, THAT ARISES OUT OF OR IS IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH (i) ANY USE OF THIS WEBSITE OR THE CONTENT FOUND THEREIN, (ii) ANY FAILURE OR DELAY (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE ANY COMPONENT OF THIS WEBSITE TO SUBMIT APPLICATIONS FOR INSURANCE PRODUCTS OR SERVICES), OR (iii) THE PERFORMANCE OR NON-PERFORMANCE BY US OR ANY PROVIDER, EVEN IF WE HAVE BEEN, OR A PROVIDER HAS BEEN ADVISED, OF THE POSSIBILITY OF DAMAGES TO SUCH PARTIES OR ANY OTHER PARTY. THIS DISCLAIMER OF LIABILITY APPLIES TO ANY DAMAGES OR INJURY CAUSED BY ANY FAILURE OF PERFORMANCE, ERROR, OMISSION, INTERRUPTION, DELETION, DEFECT, DELAY IN OPERATION OR TRANSMISSION, COMPUTER VIRUS, COMMUNICATION LINE FAILURE, THEFT OR DESTRUCTION OR UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO, ALTERATION OF, OR USE OF RECORD, WHETHER FOR BREACH OF CONTRACT, TORTIOUS BEHAVIOR, NEGLIGENCE, OR UNDER ANY OTHER CAUSE OF ACTION.
CAUTIONARY STATEMENT ON FORWARD-LOOKING STATEMENTS
This Website contains news, press releases and other written statements issued by PIA or its Providers and may include forward-looking statements which reflect the current views of PIA or its Providers with respect to future events and financial performance. These forward-looking statements are subject to uncertainties and other factors that could cause actual results to differ materially from such statements. The words “believe,” “expect,” “anticipate,” “project,” “plan,” and similar expressions identify forward-looking statements. Readers are cautioned not to place undue reliance on these forward-looking statements that speak only as of their dates. PIA undertakes no obligation to publicly update or revise any forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.
These Terms are governed by the laws of the State of California, excepting its conflicts of law principles. Any dispute arising out of this Website shall be subject to the exclusive venue of a court of competent jurisdiction in San Mateo County, California. The headings in these Terms are for convenience and reference and shall have no legal effect. Any failure by PIA to act with respect to you or another person’s breach of these Terms will not constitute a waiver with respect to future or similar breaches. If a court finds any of these Terms to be unenforceable or invalid, such Term(s) deemed unenforceable or invalid will be enforced to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law and the other Terms will remain valid and enforceable. These Terms, together with those items incorporated by reference, constitute the entire agreement between you and PIA relating to your use of the Website and replaces any prior oral or written understandings or agreements.
PIA reserves the right to change these Terms without prior notice, from time to time and in its sole discretion. If these Terms change, the revised Terms will be posted at the “Terms and Conditions” link on this Website’s home page. Any material changes to the Terms will be brought to your attention when you next visit this Website. In addition, the last time these Terms were revised is set forth below. If the date displayed is later in time than your last visit, you must re-read these Terms. Your continued use of this Website after the date of the last revision indicates your acceptance of any revisions.
These Terms were last revised on March 31, 2020.
PIA – Professional Insurance Associates is committed to ensuring digital accessibility for people with disabilities. We are continually improving the user experience for everyone, and applying the relevant accessibility standards.
Measures to support accessibility
PIA – Professional Insurance Associates takes the following measures to ensure accessibility of the PIA website:
- Provide continual accessibility training for our staff.
- Employ formal accessibility quality assurance methods.
The Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) defines requirements for designers and developers to improve accessibility for people with disabilities. It defines three levels of conformance: Level A, Level AA, and Level AAA. PIA is not assessed with WCAG 2.1 level AA. Not assessed means that the content has not been evaluated or the evaluation results are not available.
We welcome your feedback on the accessibility of PIA. Please let us know if you encounter accessibility barriers on the PIA website:
- Phone: (650) 592-7333
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Postal address: Professional Insurance Associates, Inc. PO Box 1266 San Carlos, Ca 94070
We try to respond to feedback within 2 business days.
If you have questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us. We’re here to help.